Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: dolls or collection

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi - my DD and I are new to AG and this site, and I have a question: Is it better to stick with one doll and buy her collection, or have a few dolls?

    Elizabeth (yes, I will be purchasing the doll)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Janabanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Both! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it is better to get several dolls and get some things for them.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2004
    Posts
    683
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think one is neccisarily better than the other, but that pretty much depends on what you prefer. Get one doll, collect for her, and see if you want another doll. If you do then go for it. If you like it better just sticking to one doll and collecting for her than that's fine, too! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Smile

    Well, I think it all depends on how long you intend to collect. If it's going to be a lifelong thing that you do together, I'd say go slowly, but get the dolls you want one at a time and build a small collection for each before getting the next doll. If you don't think it'll last that long just get one doll and get the whole collection.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    It depends on what YOU want to do, and maybe on how much storage space you have! I just collect the dolls and the clothes that I like. I don't buy accessories, since I have no daughters to use them to "act out" the stories, and they would just be stored away at my house. But that's just me.
    Some people like to get one or two dolls and then concentrate on getting their whole collections.
    So, whatever floats your boat. There's room for all kinds on this board! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by AsianAG:
    It depends on what YOU want to do, and maybe on how much storage space you have! I just collect the dolls and the clothes that I like. I don't buy accessories, since I have no daughters to use them to "act out" the stories, and they would just be stored away at my house. But that's just me.
    Some people like to get one or two dolls and then concentrate on getting their whole collections.
    So, whatever floats your boat. There's room for all kinds on this board! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I agree, Robin. I collect the dolls mostly, but only because I don't usually have money for the dolls and the collections. I'll get a few vital pieces, like the doll's doll and pjs, etc. I like to set up scenes, and I mostly use non AG furniture--even though I don't have much room.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I personally agree that it's better to do a multiple of dolls and little things rather than a complete collection. I figure in a collection there's always things you don't care so much about, even if you really like the doll itself or most of her stuff. Why not spend the cash from that on something else you really will enjoy?? Plus with retirements, it's awfully hard to keep on a collection. The frustration just might not be worth it to some!

    Good luck deciding and welcome to the board! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member drgrimsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2003
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by janabanana:
    Both! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heehee! I agree! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I have several dolls and some partial collections, but mostly clothes. I even have outfits for dolls I don't have yet. I want to start getting some more of the furniture though.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    go Jananbana..........lol..........it doesnt hurt to go a little crazy....just as long as you know where the line is and you dont cross it.....of course people like me have lost sight of the line...lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •